Manages resource utilization and communication to achieve BMG organizational goals. Administers, manages and implements all nursing related patient care activities for areas of clinical accountability. Works in close collaboration with the clinical team to meet and support diverse organizational business initiatives/strategies. Has direct supervision and accountability for all positions, employees, operations and activities within assigned patient care area, including coordination of staff education, training, and certification validation, assigning and reviewing work, and evaluating performance independently or in conjunction with clinic administrator or higher level supervisor/manager.
- Oversees clinical nursing care, ensuring compliance with established regulations and standards of practice thus validating quality assurance, confidentiality, and medical record documentation.
- Provides direct supervision to nursing staff, ensuring appropriate execution of care plan, ongoing assessment and treatment of patient health. Studies patient needs/trends and suggests solutions to ongoing patient care problems.
- Analyzes staffing patterns with clinic administrator and/or appropriate leadership. Collaborates with leadership and human resources on recruiting, selecting, orienting/training, validation of certification and licensure and ongoing evaluation of the nursing staff.
- Provides clinical leadership by serving as preceptor for clinical staff and ensures competency of clinical staff.
- Participates in ongoing educational activities. Maintains all certifications and continuing education hours as required by licensure.
- Performs direct patient care duties as assigned under the direction of a provider.
- Performs others duties as assigned.